[Phoenix-eNews] BackstagePASS >update: Department of Theatre honours inspiring alumna, Eva Markvoort

Information about the Phoenix Theatre @ UVic phoenix-enews at lists.uvic.ca
Wed Sep 22 14:37:04 PDT 2010

Phoenix Theatre > update
	September 2010 . Act 4 Scene 2

If this email does not display properly, please see our website
phoenixtheatres.ca <http://finearts.uvic.ca/theatre/enews/>

    Eva Markvoort - Celebration of Life

*Sunday, September 26, 2010*
*1:30pm:* Documentary Screening
*2:45pm:* Reception
*3:15pm:* Celebration of Life

Join the University of Victoria Department of Theatre for a celebration
of the inspiring - but far too brief - life of Eva Markvoort (BFA '10).
A student in the theatre acting program, Eva succumbed to a life long
battle with Cystic Fibrosis this spring on March 27. Her internationally
followed blog, 65_RedRoses <http://65redroses.livejournal.com/>,
chronicled her experiences with the disease and advocated support for
cystic fibrosis <http://www.cfvancouver.ca/> and the importance of organ
donation <http://www.transplant.bc.ca/index.asp>.

Read more about Eva's life
<http://finearts.uvic.ca/theatre/_enews/2010-2011/05-17-2010.html#alumni> and
this alumna's amazing time at UVic through stories from her professors
and friends (courtesy of "Art Openings"
<http://www.artopenings.ca/Art_Openings.ca/EVAS_PREVIEW.html>online
journal). See today's Times Colonist
<http://www.timescolonist.com/health/Event+honours+UVic+grad/3560952/story.html>
for an article about the clebration of her life.

All are welcome to join friends, family and faculty as we pay homage to
Eva's indomitable spirit. A special full length screening of
"65_Redroses: Every breath counts," <http://www.65redroses.com/> the
award-winning documentary about Eva's life, will precede the
celebration. Guests are welcome to attend all or any part of the event.