[Phoenix-eNews] PHOENIX THEATRE: BackstagePASS > update

Information about the Phoenix Theatre @ UVic phoenix-enews at lists.uvic.ca
Thu Nov 12 14:42:05 PST 2009

Phoenix Theatre > update
	November 2009 . Act 3 Scene 4

If this email does not display properly, please see our website
phoenixtheatres.ca <http://finearts.uvic.ca/theatre/enews/>

      Theatre Review:

Want to know what the critics are saying about the Phoenix Theatre's
latest play? The *BackstagePASS Update* keeps you connected. Check out
this recent review for our current production of /*Romeo & Juliet
<http://finearts.uvic.ca/theatre/season/2009-2010/RomeoJuliet/index.html>*/,
now playing until November 21.
<http://finearts.uvic.ca/theatre/season/2009-2010/RomeoJuliet/index.html>

/"Bold design enhances radical
retooling of play"
<http://www.timescolonist.com/entertainment/Bold+design+enhances+radical+retooling+play/2196504/story.html>/
Adrian Chamberlain
Times Colonist, November 7, 2009

      NEW! Listen to lecture audio recording

Our fascinating Pre-show lectures offer interesting topics related to
Phoenix productions, often presented by UVic scholars. Now you can
listen to them from the comfort of your own home! Click on the title
link to listen to the mp3 audio file on the Phoenix webiste.

/"Shakespeare's Experiment in Comi-Tragedy"
<http://finearts.uvic.ca/theatre/season/2009-2010/RomeoJuliet/index.html#lecture>/
Recorded November 6, 2009
Dr. Janelle Jenstad from UVic's department of English speaks about how
Shakespeare blends comedy and tragedy in /*Romeo & Juliet*/.