[MARMAM] Dolphin Research Internship in Sardinia Island (Italy) 2024

Fabio Ronchetti ronchettifabio at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 07:04:11 PST 2024

MareTerra Onlus (www.mareterra-erc.org) is offering internships to join
research projects on the conservation of the bottlenose dolphins and marine
environment from May to October 2024 in Sardinia island, a hotspot of
biodiversity of the Mediterranean Sea.

MareTerra is a non-profit organization created in 2012 by experienced
researchers promoting the conservation of nature and sustainable
development. On board of our boats, interns will join dolphin-watching
activities and learn research methods to monitor the habitat use,
abundance, distribution and bioacoustic of the bottlenose dolphins logging
data into our database. Interns will collect georeferenced data on dolphins,
fishing activities and boat traffic that impact their behaviour. Our
research projects aim to implement measures for marine ecosystem
conservation and promote a sustainable and responsible management of
fishing and tourism activities.

Working in an international and multicultural context, our interns will
play an active role in environmental education to develop awareness and
respect for the marine environment among tourists and locals.

Required skills:
- Ability to communicate fluently in English (English level > B2).
- Self-confidence.
- Flexibility, adaptability to an international work environment and
punctuality.
- Good public relations skills.
- Confidence on board a motorboat and ability to swim properly.
- Minimum age 20, maximum age 30.
We look for people who are highly motivated, responsible and willing to
work long hours in the field (Internship (mareterra-erc.org)
<https://www.mareterra-erc.org/en/internship>).

For any questions and to receive detailed information for applying, please
send an email to:
info at mareterra-erc.org

Gabriella La Manna, PhD
---