[MARMAM] New publication: "Occurrence and habitat use of pantropical spotted dolphins (Stenella attenuata) at the edge of their distribution in the southwestern Atlantic Ocean" in MMS (2023)

Thayusky da Penha thayusky at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 12:38:10 PST 2024

Dear MARMAM community,

My co-authors and I are pleased to share with you our recent publication in
Marine Mammal Science:
"Occurrence and habitat use of pantropical spotted dolphins (*Stenella
attenuata*) at the edge of their distribution in the southwestern Atlantic
Ocean" authored by Correa, T.P.; Wedekin, L.L., &  Cremer, M. J. You can
read the article at: https://doi.org/10.1111/mms.13094

"In this study, we investigated the occurrence and habitat use of
pantropical spotted dolphins (*Stenella attenuata*) in relation to water
depth and sea surface temperature at the southernmost limit of their range
in the southwestern Atlantic Ocean. We have compiled a relatively extensive
dataset of these spotted dolphins in the region previously considered to
mark the southern limit of their distribution. Through our discussion, we
address two main hypotheses and offer new insights into their distribution
south of latitude 22°S."

Best regards,
--
*Thayusky da Penha Correa* (she/her)