[MARMAM] Louis M Herman Research Scholarship Application Deadline Reminder

Lindsay Porter lindsay.jp at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 06:23:23 PST 2024

Louis M. Herman, Ph.D. and Emeritus Professor at the University of Hawaii
at Manoa, will always be remembered for his innovative, creative, and
scientifically rigorous approach to the study of the marine mammals he so
loved, and for the future generations of marine mammal researchers he and
his work continue to inspire. The *Louis M. Herman Research
Scholarship* supports
research projects that contribute to our understanding of either cetacean
cognition and sensory perception (laboratory or field studies), or humpback
whale behavioural ecology or communication. Work with other marine mammals
that especially enhances our understanding of their cognitive abilities
will also be considered. Eligible candidates include graduate students and
those students who have completed their Masters or PhD within the past
three years and are members of the Society of Marine Mammalogy. Full
details of application submission materials and criteria can be found on
the Society for Marine Mammalogy webpage
<https://marinemammalscience.org/awards-funding/awards-and-scholarships/louis-m-herman-research-scholarship/>.
<
https://marinemammalscience.org/awards-funding/awards-and-scholarships/louis-m-herman-research-scholarship/

Submission deadline is *Monday,* *5* *February 2024 (10pm,* *Hawaii-Aleutian
Standard Time GMT-10 hours) *