[MARMAM] MSc in Statistical Ecology at University of St Andrews, UK

School of Maths maths at st-andrews.ac.uk
Thu Nov 30 02:25:57 PST 2023

Dear Colleagues

We are very pleased to announce that we are taking applications for the fifth intake of our new MSc in Statistical Ecology. You can find more information here<https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/assets/university/schools/school-of-mathematics-and-statistics/documents/prospective-students/statistical-ecology-leafletâ%C2%80%C2%93december-2019.pdf>.
The MSc aims to give students

  *   a sound understanding of the statistical foundations of modern methods in statistical ecology
  *   Knowledge and skills to use these methods effectively
  *   experience of applying them to real-world problems, under the supervision of experts, some of whom are leading researchers in this field
The Programme involves two semesters of taught courses and a 3-month summer research dissertation. It is taught by staff at the interdisciplinary Centre for Research into Ecological and Environmental Modelling (https://www.creem.st-andrews.ac.uk/). The summer dissertation includes optional placements with collaborators in the UK or abroad, to give students experience of dealing with real-world problems in statistical ecology.

The University of St Andrews is home to the Centre for Research into Ecological & Environmental Modelling (CREEM) in Sea Mammal Research Unit (SMRU), and Scottish Oceans Initiative (SOI), providing many opportunities for networking including working on several summer projects focussed specifically on marine mammal which are matched to students' backgrounds and interests. As such, we think this MSc should be of interest to the MARMAM group.

 More information is available here:
Course details: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subjects/statistics/statistical-ecology-msc/

For any additional information, please direct enquiries to maths at st-andrews.ac.uk<mailto:maths at st-andrews.ac.uk>.

[University of St Andrews]<https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/>

School of Mathematics and Statistics
Mathematical Institute, North Haugh
University of St Andrews
St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9SS

Email : maths at st-andrews.ac.uk<mailto:maths at st-andrews.ac.uk>
www.st-andrews.ac.uk<https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/>

[cid:image002.png at 01DA211E.4D1A0FA0][cid:image003.png at 01DA211E.4D1A0FA0][cid:image004.png at 01DA2377.99374EB0]
The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland, No: SC013532