[MARMAM] Reminder: Discussion about Passive Acoustic Monitoring of Marine Mammal for MSFD D1

Mathilde MICHEL (STIC/SISO) mathilde.michel at ensta-bretagne.org
Mon Mar 20 03:31:28 PDT 2023

Dear Marman community,

Reminder :

On the occasion of the 34th annual conference of the European Cetacean Society, our team is pleased to organize a half-day workshop on April 17: "Prospective Discussion about Passive Acoustic Monitoring of Marine Mammal for MSFD D1".

The aim is to discuss with other EU Member States who are considering the use of acoustics as a monitoring method for cetaceans in the Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) and how it could be integrated into the Good Ecological Status assessment.

You can find more information on this link:

https://www.europeancetaceansociety.eu/conference/workshops-ecs2023

If you are interested, we are looking for people who can present recent passive acoustic monitoring projects in Europe and elsewhere!

Do not hesitate to contact us for more information and to register:

Mathilde Michel / mathilde.michel at ensta-bretagne.org

(ENSTA Bretagne, France)

Best Regards

Mathilde Michel

[Logo ENSTA Bretagne]<https://www.ensta-bretagne.fr/>[Logo LabSTIC]<https://www.labsticc.fr/en/index/>

Mathilde MICHEL
Doctorante / PhD student
+33 (0)2 21 09 58 89 / +33 (0)6 47 94 22 91
Lab-STICC – UMR CNRS 6285
www.labsticc.fr

ENSTA Bretagne
Grande école d'ingénieurs et centre de recherche
French State Graduate, Post-Graduate and Research Institute
2 rue François Verny - 29806 Brest Cedex 9 - France
www.ensta-bretagne.fr<https://www.ensta-bretagne.fr/>