[MARMAM] Chapter on the Common Dolphin

Camilo Saavedra Penas camilo.saavedra.penas at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 04:45:54 PDT 2023

Dear MARMAM community,

My co-authors and I are pleased to share this chapter on the Common
Dolphin (/Delphinus delphis/ Linnaeus, 1758) recently published online
as part of the Handbook of the Mammals of Europe book series:

Saavedra, C., Petitguyot, M., Bearzi, G., Pierce, G.J. (2021). Common
Dolphin /Delphinus delphis/ Linnaeus, 1758. In: Hackländer, K., Zachos,
F.E. (eds) Handbook of the Mammals of Europe. Handbook of the Mammals of
Europe. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-65038-8_108-1

This comprehensive species-specific chapter covers all aspects of the
mammalian biology, including paleontology, physiology, genetics,
reproduction and development, ecology, habitat, diet, mortality, and
behavior. The economic significance and management of mammals and future
challenges for research and conservation are addressed as well. The
chapter includes a distribution map, a photograph of the animal, and a
list of key literature.

Download the document by accessing with your credentials in the
following link
https://link.springer.com/referenceworkentry/10.1007/978-3-319-65038-8_108-1.
If you do not have access ask me for an author's copy
(camilo.saavedra at ieo.csic.es)

Best regards,

Camilo sp and co-authors

--

Camilo Saavedra Penas - Jefe de Servicio N.26 - Centro Oceanográfico de
Vigo - Instituto Español de Oceanografía (IEO) - CONSEJO SUPERIOR DE