[MARMAM] 2023 International Cetacean Symposium & Workshop (24-27 July 2023) in CityU Hong Kong (2nd announcement)

Dr. KOT Brian Chin Wing briankot at cityu.edu.hk
Thu Jul 6 09:50:51 PDT 2023

Dear friends of MARMAM,
[cid:81667a81-8f5e-4b37-af08-ffe322e7ad2d]

Time flies! Less than 3 weeks and it will be our highlight of the year - the "2023 International Cetacean Symposium & Workshop" - our first-ever, large-scale scientific symposium and workshop on cetacean conservation medicine in post-COVID-19 era.

On 24 to 25 July, we will host the symposium in the City University of Hong Kong (CityU HK). On 26 to 27 July, a 2-day post-symposium workshop will be held in the CityU HK and Ocean Park Hong Kong. This workshop focuses on several important conventional and revolutionary techniques for aquatic animal stranding investigation, including parasitological analysis, 3D surface scanning, virtual dissection via VR simulation, computed tomography and ultrasonography and specimen preparations.

Please also find the following links and attached files (invited speakers and workshop flyer) for your reference:

2023 International Cetacean Symposium (Physical meeting)