[MARMAM] Call for volunteers for harbour porpoise field work (Denmark)

Thaya Mirinda Dinkel thaya.dinkel at thuenen.de
Wed Apr 5 06:57:52 PDT 2023

Dear firends,

the Deutsches Meeresmuseum calls for volunteers to join trials in Denmark to study a harbour porpoise by-catch mitigation strategy, the PAL (Porpoise ALert).
We are looking for motivated people to join in Fyns Hoved campaign in summer 2023 to observe the interaction of harbour porpoises with an experimental fishing net and take drone footage of the animals in the experimental set up.

We look for people with previous experience in cetacean observation, ideally with some skills operating drones (not mandatory).
Food and accomodation will be covered by the project, but costs for travel and insurance will have to be covered by the volunteers.
Minimum time to volunteer will be two weeks. Preference will be given to volunteers that can stay longer periods of time.
Dates: 07.07.2023 – 27.08.2023

For more information on the project follow the links:
https://www.deutsches-meeresmuseum.de/en/science-research/projects/current-projects/topspace-1
https://www.thuenen.de/en/institutes/baltic-sea-fisheries/projects/fisheries-environment-baltic-sea/does-the-efficiency-of-pal-to-reduce-harbor-porpoise-bycatch-persist

Please send us a short email introducing yourself and telling us why you want to join the project together with your CV to: thaya.dinkel at thuenen.de and Ole.Meyer-Klaeden at meeresmuseum.de

We look forward to meeting you!