[MARMAM] ECS 2023 - CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS

Bruno Diaz Lopez bruno at thebdri.com
Thu Sep 29 07:23:24 PDT 2022

ECS 2023 - CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS

We invite you to submit proposals for workshops in any area related to marine mammal science for the 34th European Cetacean Society Conference (April 16-20 Galicia, NW Spain). In particular, workshops on challenging, emerging areas related to the 2023 conference topic (“Our Oceans, Our Future. Marine Mammal Behavioural Ecology & The Sustainable Use of Marine Resources”) if appropriate, but doing so is not necessary.

We particularly encourage proposals for highly interactive and collaborative workshops to foster new ideas and gather feedback. The expected dates of the workshops would be April 16th and 17th, 2023, before the main track of the ECS conference (18-20 April).

Each workshop proposal must include:

- Title and brief technical description of the workshop, specifying the goals and the technical issues that will be the focus of the workshop.
- Workshop Organizers (names, affiliation and contact information)
- Preferred date (16th or 17th April) and duration of the workshop (Half-day or Full-day)
- Tentative program; maximum number of participants (unique, creative and novel workshop formats are strongly encouraged).

Submission

Workshop Proposals and any related enquiries should be sent by email to the ECS2023 local organizing committee (ecs2023 at thebdri.com). The LOC will be glad to provide workshop organizers with advice on every aspect of organizing the event including the logistics and venue.

Notes to the workshop organizers

Workshop chair(s) will be responsible for the following
1. Assuming full responsibility for the workshop presentation, review process, and registrations. There will be additional cost for workshop participants that are NOT included in the registration costs for the ECS conference (20 euros for half day and 30 euros for full day).
2. Selecting the participants and the workshop format.
3. Promoting the workshop beyond the conference web page.
4. If the workshop is too small (i.e., does not attract enough participants), the ECS 2023 Organizing Committee may propose merging that workshop with another workshop with a similar topic. We therefore encourage workshop organizers to attract a large community. In extreme situations, we may also cancel workshops if there are not a sufficient number of submissions.
5. Organizers (including co-organizers) are expected to attend their entire workshop, and to provide a summary of the event to the ECS 2023 organizers.

Important Dates

Proposal Submission deadline    9 Dec 2022 23:45 CET
ECS 2023 Early registration deadline    15 Feb 2023 23:45 CET
ECS 2023 Late registration deadline    15 Mar 2023 23:45 CET

We hope that scientists and students from all over the world will visit Galicia! We are currently working hard to organise multiple networking events in the beautiful coastal town of O Grove.

Stay tuned for more updates!

<https://www.europeancetaceansociety.eu/conference/34th-annual-conference-galicia-spain>

Hasta pronto!

Bruno Díaz López Ph.D
Chief biologist and Director
The Bottlenose Dolphin Research Institute BDRI - www.thebdri.com
Avenida Beiramar 192, O Grove 36980, Pontevedra, Spain
Tel. 0034 684248552
he/him/his
ResearchGate - GoogleScholar -https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0388-3289

Follow BDRI on Facebook , Instagram or mention us on Twitter.

This email is confidential to the intended recipient(s) and the contents may be legally privileged or contain proprietary and private informations. It is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this email. If received in error, please notify the sender and delete the message from your system immediately. Please note that neither the Bottlenose Dolphin Research Institute BDRI nor the sender accept any responsibility for any viruses and it is your responsibility to scan the email and the attachments (if any). Thank you for your cooperation.