[MARMAM] JOB OPPORTUNITY with the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) for MARINE MAMMAL BIOACOUSTICIAN and ACOUSTIC MODELER. Must apply no later than September 20, 2022

Kates Varghese, Hilary S Hilary.Katesvarghese at boem.gov
Thu Sep 8 05:35:59 PDT 2022

Dear MARMAM community,

It is our pleasure to announce that BOEM is advertising for a marine mammal bioacoustician(s) and acoustic modeler(s) to join our Center for Marine Acoustics (CMA). Note that the marine mammal bioacoustician position(s) will be filled as biologist (marine) and the acoustic modeler(s) will be filled as interdisciplinary physical scientist/general engineer, both at the GS-11, 12 or 13 level(s). Closing date to apply is September 20, 2022. As per U.S. Federal government requirements, the position is only open to U.S. citizens. See the links below for more information and instructions to apply. Also, be sure any resume submitted clearly shows the experience and education required in the job announcement.

MARINE MAMMAL BIOACOUSTICIAN

BOEM-MMGG-22-YS-065(DH): https://www.usajobs.gov/job/675417300

ACOUSTIC MODELER

BOEM-MMGG-22-YS-073 (DH): https://www.usajobs.gov/job/675417700

BOEM<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.boem.gov%2F&data=04%7C01%7Cjill.lewandowski%40boem.gov%7C5c93cafd07094f3bc5ec08d8c602b6c6%7C0693b5ba4b184d7b9341f32f400a5494%7C0%7C0%7C637477062251839207%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=JEXM6dnLOFAhz9IMm7eey%2FdV6COO15kPcSBrZK7bAcA%3D&reserved=0> is a small agency with a big mission and a fantastic group of colleagues. The marine mammal bioacoustician(s) will join BOEM's Center for Marine Acoustics. The center is developing in-house, customized underwater acoustic models and ecological risk assessment frameworks for the sources we regulate (e.g., related to offshore energy and minerals mining). We target priority science gaps, drive policy development, and improve how BOEM communicates acoustic impact risk to all stakeholders. We partner with domestic and international organizations addressing these same issues.

Please forward this announcement to any interested parties.

Thank you,

Hilary Kates Varghese

Marine bioacoustician

BOEM