[MARMAM] Fisheries interviews in Baltic Germany

Fiona Read fiona.read at whales.org
Mon Sep 5 10:47:32 PDT 2022

Dear Marmamers,

Whale and Dolphin Conservation have a grant from ASCOBANS to interview fishers on fishing gear and their perceptions of alternative gear(s). The interviews are currently being undertaken in SE England and NW Spain. We have translated the interview form into German and are looking for someone to undertake the interviews in the German Baltic.

All travel expenses will be covered and there will be a small stipend to do the work.  It is essential that the person speaks fluent German and is willing to speak to fishers in fishing harbour during unsociable hours (generally very early mornings). The interviews need to be conducted by the end of 2022. The interview does not contain controversial questions, although we have found that morale in the industry is very low so interviewers need to be sympathetic to the fisher’s current situation.

Please contact me on Fiona.read at whales<mailto:Fiona.read at whales> if you are interested in conducting the German interviews. If you prefer to message in German, please contact Fabian.ritter at whales.org<mailto:Fabian.ritter at whales.org> in WDC’s German office.

Best wishes,

Fiona

Dr ​​
Fiona Read
Research coordinator
Mobile:
+44 (0)791 869 3023<tel:+44%20(0)791%20869%203023>
WDC, Whale and Dolphin Conservation
Scottish Dolphin Centre
Spey Bay
Moray
IV32 7PJ
United Kingdom
whales.org<https://whales.org/>
[cid:image001.png at 01D8C156.CBD2D5D0]<https://whales.org/>
[cid:image002.png at 01D8C156.CBD2D5D0]<https://www.facebook.com/whalesorg>
[cid:image003.png at 01D8C156.CBD2D5D0]<https://www.twitter.com/whalesorg>
[cid:image004.png at 01D8C156.CBD2D5D0]<https://www.instagram.com/whalesorg>
[cid:image005.png at 01D8C156.CBD2D5D0]<https://www.youtube.com/whalesorg>
[cid:image006.png at 01D8C156.CBD2D5D0]<https://uk.whales.org/category/news/>
[cid:image007.png at 01D8C156.CBD2D5D0]<https://uk.whales.org/newsletter>
[cid:image008.png at 01D8C156.CBD2D5D0]<https://www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk/>
[cid:image009.png at 01D8C156.CBD2D5D0]<https://www.thirdsector.co.uk/business-charity-awards-short-term-partnership-%E2%80%93-dock-bay-whale-dolphin-conservation/communications/article/1715909>
Whale and Dolphin Conservation (“WDC”) is a company registered in England and Wales (No. 02737421) and a registered charity (in England and Wales No. 1014705, in Scotland No. SC040231)
​WDC Shop is a trading name of WDC (Trading) Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales (No. 02593116)
Registered office : Brookfield House, 38 St. Paul Street, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 1LJ.  Tel: +44 (0)1249 449 500
This message is private and confidential.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system.