[MARMAM] New Publication: Evaluation of kurtosis to predict TTS in marine mammals (Sander von Benda-Beckmann)

Benda-Beckmann, A.M. (Sander) von sander.vonbendabeckmann at tno.nl
Thu Jul 21 00:43:00 PDT 2022

Dear MARMAM community,
My co-authors and I are pleased to share our recent publication in JASA, which is the first study to evaluate the applicability of using kurtosis for predicting risk of hearing effects in marine mammals.
Evaluation of kurtosis-corrected sound exposure level as a metric for predicting onset of hearing threshold shifts in harbor porpoises (Phocoena phocoena). A. M. von Benda-Beckmann,  D. R. Ketten, F. P. A. Lam, C. A. F. de Jong, R. A. J. Müller, and R. A. Kastelein. The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 152, 295 (2022); https://doi.org/10.1121/10.0012364
Please send me an email if you'd like to receive a pdf copy of the paper.
Best regards,
Sander von Benda-Beckmann
Senior Scientific Researcher, Acoustics & Sonar
TNO, The Netherlands
Email: sander.vonbendabeckmann at tno.nl<mailto:sander.vonbendabeckmann at tno.nl>