[MARMAM] SMM2022 Conference COVID Guidelines

Amy Hirons hirons at nova.edu
Fri Jul 8 05:43:09 PDT 2022

Aloha SMM2022 Attendees!

We were hoping that COVID would be a thing of the past by the time SMM2022 rolled around. Instead, it looks to be our new permanent norm. So here are some recommended guidelines to help everyone have a safe conference.

  1.   Masks - We are not able to mandate mask wearing for this conference. However, we strongly encourage and appreciate liberal wearing of masks!  If you forget your mask, we can provide one for you at the conference registration desk.

  2.  Embrace Social Distancing -

     *   Go slow with your hellos! We know it has been years since you have seen some of your friends, but we all have different comfort zones as we navigate the pandemic. When you see someone, ask how they want to be greeted - waves from a few feet away, fist bumps, or much needed hugs.

     *   During sessions, sit with your pod and socially distance as much as possible. If you want space between you and others, please place a piece of paper on each side of you to block off those seats. As you look for a place to sit, please be respectful of others' need for space.

     *   When it isn’t too hot outside, take your conversations out to the many beautiful outdoor spaces.

  3.  Monitor your health status.

     *   Morning self-check. If you have a fever, cough, or any other symptoms, please stay back in your room. Much of the conference's live content will be available to you on the conference app!

     *   Starting to feel off during the meeting…please duck out asap!

  4.  Hand sanitizer will be located in various locations throughout the convention center.  Please feel free to utilize it regularly.

SMM2022 Conference Committee

Amy C. Hirons, PhD
Professor
Director, Charismatic Megafauna and Oceanography Laboratory
Halmos College of Arts and Sciences and the Guy Harvey Oceanographic Center
Nova Southeastern University
8000 North Ocean Drive
Dania Beach, FL  33004
(o) 954-262-3620 (OC)
(f) 954-262-4098
hirons at nova.edu

Pronouns: she, her(s)

hirons at nova.edu<mailto:hirons at nova.edu>

https://works.bepress.com/amy-hirons/about/

http://nsuoc-cmol.weebly.com/

Conference Co-Chair, SMM2022

[cid:4778fcb4-80dd-48c0-8f59-5fb0f10172e8]
[cid:6b1e1a34-f049-4de7-8357-9be7cfec79e0]