[MARMAM] Call for candidacies to organize the 34th Conference of the European Cetacean Society 2023

Joan Gonzalvo joan.gonzalvo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 08:00:49 PDT 2022

Dear all,

The first ever virtual European Cetacean Society Conference took place a couple of weeks ago. The local Organizing Committee in Israel did a great job and managed to put together brilliantly our 33rd annual ECS Conference. For those of you who registered for the conference, the recordings of the entire conference are available on the platform under the VOD tab; two parts for each day, before and after lunch break (https://ecs.b2b-wizard.com/expo <https://ecs.b2b-wizard.com/expo>). Posters are also still viewable and downloadable from the platform, where you will be able to go as many times as you like over the virtual ECS Conference materials until the end of May.

One ECS Conference closes and it is time for us to start thinking about the ECS 34th Conference. That’s why we are doing a call across our membership and followers and we announce the opening for proposals for next year’s conference. We intend to have a fully functional in-person conference in 2023 with also a virtual component that should allow people non-present at the conference to follow the presentations.

Those willing to present their candidacy to organize the ECS 34th Annual Conference should get in touch as soon as possible with Joan Gonzalvo, ECS Chair, by sending an email to chair at europeancetaceansociety.eu <mailto:chair at europeancetaceansociety.eu> . If you are considering this possibility but have some questions or uncertainties, please contact us anyway and we will try to clarify them. In order to have enough time to set-up our next annual conference with guarantees for spring 2023, we must identify the site of the conference and the Local Organizing Committee no later than the end of May. Hence, we kindly invite you to submit a brief proposal (1-2 pages) to host our next conference no later than 10th May 2022. This should reflect your vision of the next ECS Conference; location, venue, expectations, detail on the local organizing team and anything else you want to share with us.

Sincerely yours,

Joan Gonzalvo
European Cetacean Society - Chairman