[MARMAM] Cetacean Sessions

Jared Towers jrtowers at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 15:31:59 PDT 2022

Join us on Crowdcast for Season 2 of Cetacean Sessions focused exclusively
on recent advances in killer whale science. Cetacean Sessions is a free
seasonal weekly webinar series where we discuss impactful cetacean science
with those conducting it around the world. It is informal, educational,
interactive and geared towards those studying or interested in cetaceans.

Cetacean Sessions #7 is Sunday, April 24th at 12:00pm (noon) Pacific Time.
In this session we will discuss how far killer whales range and why they
cover the distances they do. Our guest Marie-Thérèse Mrusczok will provide
an overview of her recently published Killer Whales of Iceland
photo-identification catalogue and present details from the article:
Long-distance movements of North Atlantic killer whales (*Orcinus orca*)
from Iceland via Spain and Italy to Lebanon (
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/mms.12866), published in
Marine Mammal Science last year. Presentation and discussion will be
followed by live Q&A with the audience.

Please visit our Crowdcast channel to register and for more information on
our six upcoming sessions. https://www.crowdcast.io/cetaceansessions

Sincerely, Jared Towers
Director, Bay Cetology
https://baycetology.org