[MARMAM] Sealcentre Pieterburen Vet Internships 2022 & 2023

Ana Rubio García | Zeehondencentrum ana.rubiogarcia at zeehondencentrum.nl
Wed Apr 6 00:33:31 PDT 2022

Dear all,
One more year we are pleased to announce:

VETERINARY DEPARTMENT INTERNSHIP – SEALCENTRE PIETERBUREN

The Sealcentre Pieterburen, the Netherlands, has an exciting opportunity
for *two Veterinary Interns* to work in our Veterinary and Sealcare
Departments. Both positions last one year, one is scheduled to start in
October 2022, and the other in April 2023. Previous marine mammal or
wildlife experience is a plus. The Sealcentre’s Veterinary Department
includes two full time veterinarians and two veterinary interns. We are
looking for a highly motivated and dynamic candidate who will join our team
and will work closely in a team setting with staff and volunteers to assist
with all aspects of veterinary care and husbandry of sick and injured
seals. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to: daily care of
animals, transport of live/dead marine animals, maintenance of daily
nutritional and medical records, sampling for various research projects,
and data entry. Additional duties and projects may be assigned by staff.

The interns must be veterinarians or veterinary students. They are required
to find their own transportation to Pieterburen and we provide housing
(fully equipped: gas, electricity, water, and internet included) and meals.
An allowance to cover health insurance costs is provided. These positions
are unpaid. The interns should expect to be scheduled to cover a variety of
shifts including weekdays, nights, weekends, and holidays. The ideal
candidate should be mature and motivated, and possess a strong work ethic
and excellent observational and communication skills (a fluent English
level is required). Due to Visa requirements we are currently only able to
accept applicants with a European passport.

The deadline for applications is May 15th 2022. Interested applicants
should submit a copy of the CV, an intention letter, and two recommendation
letters. Note that the application materials should be in English.
Applications and questions should be submitted to
vet at zeehondencentrum.nl   indicating
in the subject VETERINARY INTERN 2022/2023.

For more information about the Sealcentre Pieterburen visit
www.zeehondencentrum.nl

Kind regards,

*Ana Rubio García*
*Head of the Veterinary, Care & Research Department*
Mobile phone: +31 (0)6 12 981154
Email: ana.rubiogarcia at zeehondencentrum.nl

 Zeehondencentrum Pieterburen. Healthy sea, happy seal.

Hoofdstraat 94a

9968 AG Pieterburen

T +31 (0)595 526 526

E: *info at zeehondencentrum.nl <info at zeehondencentrum.nl>*

I: www.zeehondencentrum.nl

Follow us

<https://www.facebook.com/zeehondencentrumpieterburen/>
<https://www.instagram.com/zeehondencentrum>
<https://www.tiktok.com/@sealcentrepieterburen>
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaqwCONkIsKkpMK2UlU_B4g>
<https://twitter.com/zeehondencreche>

P Please consider the environment. Think before printing.

[image: cid:image006.jpg at 01D1D1F2.77C4C4D0]