[MARMAM] Louis M. Herman Research Scholarship 2022: Application now open

Lindsay Porter lindsay.jp at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 16:06:08 PST 2021

*Louis M. Herman Research Scholarship 2022*
*The Society for Marine Mammalogy *
*Application OPEN NOW*

Louis M. Herman, Ph.D. and Emeritus Professor at the University of Hawaii
at Manoa, will always be remembered for his innovative, creative, and
scientifically rigorous approach to the study of the marine mammals he so
loved, and for the future generations of marine mammal researchers he and
his work continue to inspire. The *Louis M. Herman Research Scholarship*
supports a research project that contributes to our understanding of either
cetacean cognition and sensory perception (laboratory or field studies), or
humpback whale behavioral ecology or communication. Work with other marine
mammals that especially enhances our understanding of their cognitive
abilities will also be considered. Eligible candidates include graduate
students and those students who have completed their Masters or PhD within
the past three years and are members of the Society of Marine Mammalogy.The
award is for a maximum of USD 5000 (~AUD6900; ~Mexican Peso 100,000;
~Fijian Dollar 10,000; ~EUR 4500). Full details of application submission
materials and criteria can be found on the Society for Marine Mammalogy webpage
(https://marinemammalscience.org/awards-funding/awards-and-scholarships/louis-m-herman-research-scholarship/)

Submission deadline is *Monday,* *7* *February 2022 (10pm,* *Hawaii-Aleutian
Standard Time GMT-10 hours) *

Enquiries to Lindsay Porter (awardsc <awardschair at marinemammalscience.org>
hair at marinemammalscience.org <awardschair at marinemammalscience.org>)