[MARMAM] 4-D virtual necropsy

Ellen Chenoweth emchenoweth at alaska.edu
Wed Nov 24 17:51:38 PST 2021

A virtual whale necropsy is available to the public via the UAS Whale Lab
Website <https://uas.alaska.edu/research/whalelab/>.

This resource consists of sequential 3D scans of a dead whale from
discovery through a necropsy examination to assess the possible cause of
death, and decomposition (time is the 4th dimension, not smell, as some
have suggested!).

We include also a workshop version suitable for small groups middle school
through adult that takes about 90 minutes.

This is a freely available resource funded by NIH through the University of
Alaska Fairbanks and we hope it is useful for many different purposes.  We
encourage you to share with anyone who might be interested.

Thank you to everyone who provided valuable feedback and we look forward to
more feedback (via the form linked in the necropsy) as we continue to make
additions and corrections.

--
Ellen Chenoweth, Ph.D.
Program Director

UAF Research Advising and Mentoring Professional
Biomedical Learning and Student Training (BLaST)
Rm 108 UAS Sitka
1332 Seward Ave
Sitka, Alaska 99835
Phone (907) 747-7791