[MARMAM] reminder: abstract deadline for DCLDE Oahu is Nov. 15th

Erin Oleson - NOAA Federal erin.oleson at noaa.gov
Tue Nov 9 18:32:23 PST 2021

Aloha Marine Mammal Bioacoustic Community,

Just a friendly reminder that the abstract and tutorial proposal deadline
for the *9th Workshop on the Detection, Classification, Localization and
Density Estimation* of Marine Mammals using Passive Acoustics is coming up
quickly- next Monday November 15th (11:59pm Hawaii time; GMT-10). We look
forward to hearing about all of the great work that has been ongoing since
the workshop was last convened in Paris in 2018. We also hope you'll
consider joining us in Hawaii- tropical sunsets, Hawaiian shirts, and your
favorite ukulele tunes await (together with an awesome opportunity to
reconnect with our bioacoustics network after so much time at home).

For those hoping to use the DCLDE dataset to test their algorithm, we've
worked with Google to reduce the size of the dataset by instituting flac
compression. The uncompressed dataset will be removed on November 15 to
free up cloud space for other datasets. Let us know if you are in the
middle of downloading so that we don't inadvertently interrupt your
download. For anyone that hasn't started downloading yet, we highly
encourage using the flac dataset instead, as it is less than 1/2 the total
data volume. The 2015 (San Diego) and 2018 (Paris) datasets will be
available for download soon. Keep an eye on the workshop webpage for an
announcement on their availability.

Workshop webpage: https://www.soest.hawaii.edu/ore/dclde/

Aloha.
Eva Nosal & Erin Oleson