[MARMAM] New release of FinShape v 1.0.1 (2021-10-22)

Eduardo Morteo eduardo.morteo at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 18:23:08 PST 2021

FinShape - 2021-10-22

On behalf of the Scientific and Developer teams, I would like to share with you the New release of FinShape v 1.0.1.

The FinShape Web App is a tool to assess phenotypic variation in dorsal fin morphology of dolphin species. The first version was a Desktop App released in 2004, and since, the developer team has worked to provide a better tool for those seeking standardized and precise measurements of dorsal fin pictures.

This tool is available for FREE at: http://finshape.morteo.mx <http://finshape.morteo.mx/>

This release includes added features, updated functionality and minor fixes:

Fixed database timeout error for idle connections (a very common error for users this year).
Fixed typos in static pages and user guide
Updated logic for redirecting to requested private resources after login
Added change password feature in profile page
Updated to Bootstrap 4.3.1
Added minimum unit tests
Added validation of schema compliance for config file during server startup
Added custom 404 page
Small ES6 enhancements on MorteoAPI and started its documentation in OpenAPI

We would like to take this time to thank our users, and also to apologize to them for the inconveniences in the use of this tool. As you know this has been a self financed project, thus any contribution would help to enhance several aspect of the maintenance and update of the system.

If you would like to know more about us, please visit: http://finshape.morteo.mx/about <http://finshape.morteo.mx/about>

Cheers!

Dr. Eduardo Morteo

Director

Instituto de Investigaciones Biológicas
Universidad Veracruzana

Calle Dr. Castelazo Ayala S/N, Col. Industrial Ánimas
CP 91190, Xalapa, Veracruz, México.

Ph/Tel: +52 (228) 841 89 00
E-mail: emorteo at uv.mx

http://www.uv.mx/personal/emorteo/