[MARMAM] Reminder - Survey on photo-ID data management

PhotoID Survey photoidsurvey at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 09:48:20 PST 2021

*Reminder*

Thank you all for your responses to our survey so far, we appreciate your
time.  This is a reminder for those that may have missed the initial post.
If you haven’t had the chance yet, please consider providing a response at
the survey link below.  The survey will be available through Sunday, March
14, 2021.  Thank you!

Greetings,

We are reaching out to the greater marine mammal research community to
better understand photo-ID data archival challenges and how you all manage
these challenges. Some challenges include the availability of and access to
well-supported archival platforms that provide multi-decadal stability,
access to image processing and analysis tools, and cross-collaborative
data-sharing functions. Other concerns may be related to public
accessibility, proper attribution for catalog curators and funding sources,
and the registering of persistent identifiers (e.g., DOIs) for archives.

We encourage all marine mammal researchers who manage photo-ID data
collections to respond to the survey link below. The survey will only take
a few minutes to complete and it is anonymous. The results will be used to
inform a presentation submitted to the Society for Marine Mammalogy
Biennial Conference in December 2021.

Please feel free to forward the survey link to other marine mammal
researchers. If applicable, kindly coordinate with your team to avoid
duplicative responses.  The survey will be available for responses until
Sunday, March 14, 2021.

Link: https://forms.gle/ND8MKvCkWKGpcS3b7

We appreciate your help and interest. For questions or technical issues
related to the survey please contact photoidsurvey at gmail.com.

Annie Gorgone, Cascadia Research Collective

Errol Ronje, NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information