[MARMAM] Flukebook.org: Release v.2021-05-31

Jason Holmberg jason at wildme.org
Wed Jun 9 12:54:06 PDT 2021

We are pleased to announce the Wildbook software release v.2021-05-31,
which is reflected in the Flukebook.org platform for cetacean photo ID.

 Wildbook DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.4895243
<https://zenodo.org/badge/DOI/10.5281/zenodo.4895243.svg)](https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4895243>
 Wildbook Image Analysis (WBIA): 10.5281/zenodo.4784646
<https://zenodo.org/badge/DOI/10.5281/zenodo.4784646.svg)](https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.4784646>

For an overview of Flukebook's multi-species, multi-modal machine learning
for photo ID, please see:

https://docs.wildme.org/docs/researchers/ia_pipeline

Community support for Wildbook is provided at:

https://community.wildme.org

Release notes for May 2021

Flukebook Updates

- Added new locations in the Atlantic Ocean and Hawaii.

- Improved algorithms for gray whale computer vision have been deployed for
performance testing

Bug Fixes

 - WB-1671 Resolve submitter email issue

 - WB-1634 Images no longer swapping width and height with annotation
location.

- WB-1630 Conflict between projects and submissions has been resolved.

- WB-1626 Corrected “My data” restriction in match filtering.

 - WB-1625 Corrected project filter in iaResults to include all project
matches.

 - WB-1601 Google maps renders GPS and ignores LocationID correctly.

 - WB-1529 Flukebook projects display more than the IndoCet Opportunistic
project.

**Wildbook-IA Release Notes (Machine Learning)**

The following updates were made to WBIA last month.
SAGE-40 Completed the AI extension for the MAPS project  (general purpose,
multi-species dorsal fin matching). Added bonus: works great for white
shark individual ID too!

SAGE-293 Two new publications at CVPR workshop “CV 4 Animals” on 1) the
continual ID curation problem and 2) CurvRank V2.

SAGE-304 New WBIA API for the background job engine allows job IDs to be
specified instead of generating random UUIDs.

SAGE-310 Migrate WBIA codebase in GitHub to use the new “main” branch
convention.

Bug Fixes

SAGE-292 Fix EXIF orientation parsing with OpenCV.

SAGE-309 Fix automated testing on CI for GitHub.

Jason Holmberg (he/him/his)

Executive Director, Wild Me <https://wildme.org/>

A.I. and humans combating extinction together.