[MARMAM] Summer distance sampling workshop series - registration open

Len Thomas len.thomas at st-andrews.ac.uk
Tue Jun 1 09:56:28 PDT 2021

Distance sampling is a survey technique widely used to estimate the
density and abundance of marine mammal populations, and other taxa.  The
Centre for Research into Ecological and Environmental Modelling are
pleased to announce that we will be running 3 live online workshops this
summer on aspects of distance sampling.  Registration is now open for 2
of them, and will be for the 3rd soon.  The workshops are:

1. Spatially explicit models for distance sampling data: density surface
modelling in practice, 16th-20th August 2021.

2. Distance sampling when animals are missed at zero distance, 30th-31st
August 2021.

3. A practical guide to distance sampling survey design and simulation,
13th, 14th and 16th September 2021.

For more details, and to register, go to
https://workshops.distancesampling.org

We are offering one free place on each workshop with the goal of to
widening participation to scientists from countries with fewer resources
and groups traditionally under-represented in wildlife science.  More
details are at

http://workshops.distancesampling.org/widening-participation

and the closing date for applications for the widening participation
scholarships is June 15th.

--
Len Thomas  len.thomas at st-andrews.ac.uk  lenthomas.org  @len_thom
Centre for Research into Ecological and Environmental Modelling

While I may be sending this email outside of my normal office hours,
I have no expectation to receive a reply outside of yours.

The University of St Andrews is a charity
registered in Scotland, No SC013532.