[MARMAM] Join the 2021 International Cetacean Symposium & TEDxCityUHongKong (11-12 June 2021)

Dr. KOT Brian Chin Wing briankot at cityu.edu.hk
Wed Jun 2 04:09:04 PDT 2021

Dear friends of MARMAM,

Hope you are doing well and staying healthy in these tough COVID-19 times. While things are getting better in 2021, we are delighted to announce our annual "International Cetacean Symposium" with the theme of "Interaction" will be back on 11 June 2021 (HK time - UTC+8), where invited experts will share their knowledge and experiences with the wider community on a range of topics covered natural and human impacts on cetacean health in multi-disciplinary dimension.

Apart from "2021 International Cetacean Symposium", this year we will also bring TEDx conference alongside by hosting "TEDxCityUHongKong" with the theme as "Sink or Swim" on 12 June 2021 (HK time - UTC+8). It is never an easy task for us, as a researcher, academic or person who works for animal and conservation. The result always highly depends on one's effort. We aim to bring together minds to give talks that are idea-focused, and on a wide range of subjects, to foster learning, inspiration and wonder, and provoke conversations that matter.

Two sessions, i.e. morning and evening session will be held in a hybrid mode, with live online broadcast and physical attendance respectively. The venue of the evening session will be in the Hong Kong Maritime Museum, located at the Central Pier 8, Hong Kong. NO registration fee is applied on both events, but all the participants are required to register to the events via the online registration links provided below in advance. Space is limited. Reservations will be accepted in the order they are received. Please register only once.

It would be our honoured to have you and your colleague joining us on these 2 days. We hope that the events we put together is as interesting to you, as they are to us!

Please also find the following links for your reference:

2021 International Cetacean Symposium
Details: https://bit.ly/3fgNMzH
Invited speaker full list and talk titles: https://bit.ly/3fIgpHB
Registration: https://forms.gle/EagFC76FmEVdd4mT7

TEDxCityUHongKong
Details: https://bit.ly/2RgdEne
Invited speaker full list and talk titles: https://bit.ly/3uICPws
Registration: https://forms.gle/nPpzacucaMhYLqMr5

For any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me (briankot at cityu.edu.hk<mailto:briankot at cityu.edu.hk>), Mr. Henry Tsui (cltsui9 at cityu.edu.hk<mailto:cltsui9 at cityu.edu.hk>) or Dr. Tabris Chung (ytchung at cityu.edu.hk<mailto:ytchung at cityu.edu.hk>) anytime. Please circulate as you deem appropriate to interested parties.

Act Fast, Make Plans Now to Attend and we look forward to seeing you all soon.

Warm regards,

Brian Kot

Ph.D. in Diagnostic Imaging, B.Sc. (Hons) in Radiography, Cert. (RPC), Cert. (Virtopsy)

Visiting Assistant Professor
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences
Jockey Club College of Veterinary Medicine and Life Sciences
City University of Hong Kong
cum
Research Associate
State Key Laboratory of Marine Pollution
City University of Hong Kong

E: briankot at cityu.edu.hk<mailto:briankot at cityu.edu.hk>, briankot at yahoo.co.uk<mailto:briankot at yahoo.co.uk>
W: https://www.cityu.edu.hk/jcc/staff/dr-brian-kot-chin-wing

Aquatic Animal Virtopsy Lab
Follow us at
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AAVLab2014
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/aavlab2014

Disclaimer: This email (including any attachments) is for the use of the intended recipient only and may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email and all copies from your system. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other form of unauthorized dissemination of the contents is expressly prohibited.