[MARMAM] community survey on collaborative sample sharing

Amy Van Cise avancise at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 16:14:15 PST 2021

Dear MARMAM community,

In an effort to estimate the frequency and extent of collaborative sample
sharing in marine mammal research, I and my colleagues have generated a
short (3-5 minute) survey
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AZ83WLb6OZehrXUkf_IPytopcfgiCBE0eQ5Mo2egs2I/edit?usp=sharing>
and
are hoping for responses from a representative sample of the marine mammal
research community. The survey comes in two sections: the first section
documenting published studies that have involved sample sharing and is
intended for analysis to be included in an upcoming literature review of
best practices in sample collection, processing, and archival; the second
(optional) section assessing individual interest in sharing samples or data
for collaborative studies and is intended only to gauge community opinion
on this topic and the potential for future workshops or discussion of the
topic.

We appreciate your support in completing this survey
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AZ83WLb6OZehrXUkf_IPytopcfgiCBE0eQ5Mo2egs2I/edit?usp=sharing>.
Please complete the survey by *January 29, 2021*. Although response time
may vary, we expect it to take an average of *3-5 minutes* to complete both
sections of the survey.

survey url:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AZ83WLb6OZehrXUkf_IPytopcfgiCBE0eQ5Mo2egs2I/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you all for your help, and best wishes in 2021.

Sincerely,
Kim Parsons, Alix Switzer, and Amy Van Cise

Amy M. Van Cise, Ph.D. <https://amyvancise.weebly.com/>
(she/her/hers)

Research Associate, North Gulf Oceanic Society
<http://www.whalesalaska.org/>
Visiting Scientist, Genetics and Evolution Program
<https://www.fisheries.noaa.gov/west-coast/science-data/genetics-and-evolution-pacific-northwest>
NOAA Northwest Fisheries Science Center
2725 Montlake Blvd E
Seattle, WA