[MARMAM] Abstracts due March 3rd for Graduate Student Symposium April 16-18 2021

Lauren Clance lclance at disl.org
Wed Feb 24 11:51:57 PST 2021

Hello everyone,

The Dauphin Island Sea Lab (DISL) Marine Science Graduate Student
Organization would like to remind you that we will be hosting a Graduate
Student Symposium (GSS 2021) during the weekend of April 16th-18th! GSS is
an annual conference of marine science graduate students from around the
Gulf Coast who meet to present research, provide feedback, and network with
others. Due to COVID-19, we have opted to hold the event virtually
this year; however, this allows us to expand our range of opportunities
to all grad students (not just those from Gulf Coast institutions) and to a
wider variety of research topics, including sessions for marine mammal
research, such as megafauna conservation.

We will be holding the event as a live virtual conference, meaning that
students will present in real-time in front of virtual audiences and
receive live questions and feedback. To achieve this goal, we encourage
all students, faculty and staff at research institutions and members of the
press and general public to join us and participate throughout the weekend.
To be a presenter, you must be either a graduate student or undergraduate,
but you do not have to be a student to attend. The cost to register as a
student or faculty member is $45, which will include a welcome packet and
t-shirt (and abstract fee if you are a student). If you are a member of the
general public or a technician or researcher that is not faculty,
registration is $7.50.

For presenters, abstracts are due March 3rd.

Included in this email is a flyer with general information and a graphic
that contains session topics. Please feel free to distribute these
materials to anyone that may be interested.

Registration forms can be accessed at our conference website:
https://whova.com/web/msgss_202104/

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out at
msgso.gss2021 at gmail.com .

We look forward to hosting y'all in April!

Sincerely,
The DISL Marine Science Graduate Student Organization

--
Lauren R. Clance
M.S. Student