[MARMAM] Free Event - Southern Ocean Stories: The Whale’s Tale

Info info at ukaht.org
Wed Feb 24 08:13:04 PST 2021

[cid:image001.png at 01D70AC7.583D9700]

Whales are arguably the most impressive and charismatic of animals in the Southern Ocean and Antarctica. Few sights are more memorable that witnessing a close encounter with a breaching whale. They are also an animal whose history during the last two and a half centuries is intimately entwined with that of human endeavour in the southern polar regions.

Together with the South Georgia Heritage Trust (with the Friends of South Georgia Island), the UK Antarctic Heritage Trust are delighted to present three of the world's experts in the study and conservation of whales in the Southern Ocean to discuss the history, science and current efforts to conserve these important species on our planet.

We invite you to join us to hear our three experts:
Bjørn Basberg, Norwegian School of Economics
Ted Cheeseman, Southern Cross University
Jennifer Jackson, British Antarctic Survey

As they offer their insights into the history of exploitation, science and recovery of whales in the Southern Ocean and join the discussion in our interactive webinar
taking place on Wednesday 3 March 2021 from 7pm - 9pm GMT.

This event is being held in support of the important work of these charities and all donations are gratefully received.
More information can be found at
http://www.ukaht.org/latest-news/2021/the-whale-s-tale/

To book for this event click here.<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/southern-ocean-stories-presents-the-whales-tale-tickets-136400855631>

We look forward to welcoming you.

Camilla Nichol
Camilla Nichol | Chief Executive

UK Antarctic Heritage Trust
High Cross | Madingley Road | Cambridge | CB3 0ET | UK
http://www.ukaht.org<http://www.ukaht.org/>

Please consider supporting our work<http://www.ukaht.org/support-us/>
[signature_1713240792]<http://www.ukaht.org/support-us/>