[MARMAM] MSc in Statistical Ecology at University of St Andrews, UK

School of Maths maths at st-andrews.ac.uk
Thu Feb 11 04:02:39 PST 2021

Dear Colleagues

We are very pleased to announce that we are taking applications for the second intake of our new MSc in Statistical Ecology detailed in the attached leaflet. This year there are two fee-waiver scholarships available, which can be applied for when applying for admission to the MSc.
The MSc aims to give students

  *   a sound understanding of the statistical foundations of modern methods in statistical ecology
  *   Knowledge and skills to use these methods effectively
  *   experience of applying them to real-world problems, under the supervision of experts, some of whom are leading researchers in this field
The Programme involves two semesters of taught courses and a 3-month summer research dissertation. It is taught by staff at the interdisciplinary Centre for Research into Ecological and Environmental Modelling (https://www.creem.st-andrews.ac.uk/). The summer dissertation includes optional placements with collaborators in the UK or abroad, to give students experience of dealing with real-world problems in statistical ecology.
We are delighted to announce that we intend to award scholarships to partially or fully cover MSc fees to selected successful applicants.

 More information is available here:
Course details: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subjects/statistics/statistical-ecology-msc/
Scholarship: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/study/fees-and-funding/postgraduate/scholarships/statistical-ecology/

For any additional information, please direct enquiries to maths at st-andrews.ac.uk<mailto:maths at st-andrews.ac.uk>.

[University of St Andrews]<https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/>

School of Mathematics and Statistics
Mathematical Institute, North Haugh
University of St Andrews
St Andrews, Fife, KY16 9SS

Email : maths at st-andrews.ac.uk<mailto:maths at st-andrews.ac.uk>
www.st-andrews.ac.uk<https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/>

Know The Covid Code<https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/coronavirus/covid-code/>
[The Covid Code]<https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/coronavirus/covid-code/>
Download NHS Scotland's Protect Scotland app<https://protect.scot/>
The University of St Andrews is a charity registered in Scotland, No: SC013532