[MARMAM] ECS ASHDOD 2022

conference2022 at europeancetaceansociety.eu conference2022 at europeancetaceansociety.eu
Tue Dec 7 08:47:22 PST 2021

Hello,
Please send the following message to MARMAM mailing list with the
subject - ECS ASHDOD 2022 - Abstract submission is now open!
thank you
ECS ASHDOD organizing committee

The European Cetacean Society's 33rd annual conference is accepting abstracts!

Workshop submission deadline - 20.12.21
Abstract submission deadline - 1.1.22

The upcoming ECS conference will take place in Ashdod, Israel on 5-7
April 2022. The conference will be hybrid, allowing participation and
presentations from all around the world!

As guidance, we'd like to reiterate the conference theme so that your
proposed posters and presentations fit the scope of the conference.

Marine mammal research and conservation effort – are we on the right path?
Marine Mammalian research dates back to the 1940s, with the first
underwater recordings, tracking attempts and biological scans. Since
then, our research questions have grown by leaps and bounds, and new
directions are exponentially changing the face of the field. In the
interest of the mammals themselves, we have to pause every so often to
ask if our efforts are working... Are these megafaunas and their
habitats being conserved and properly managed? Are we asking the right
questions in order to present the best information to decision makers?

In this upcoming conference, we challenge the approaches to date and
the prescient new directions in marine mammal science in hopes of
engaging scientists in a debate over the future of conservation studies.

Visit our website for more information -
https://www.europeancetaceansociety.eu/conference/ecs-conference-2022-ashdod-israel

ECS ASHDOD 2022 Organizing team