[MARMAM] New book on North Atlantic right whales

Marilyn Marx mmarx at neaq.org
Wed Apr 28 09:25:36 PDT 2021

On behalf of my co-authors, I am pleased to announce the recent publication of our book about the critically endangered North Atlantic right whale:

Disappearing Giants: The North Atlantic Right Whale
Scott Kraus, Marilyn Marx, Heather Pettis, Amy Knowlton, Ken Mallory
Publisher: Fitzhenry and Whiteside, Markham, ON
Paperback/140 pages

Disappearing Giants tells the story of one of the most endangered large whales in the oceans today, from the whaling history for which it is named, to the most up-to-date research efforts and population status. Illustrated throughout with beautiful photos, it describes how individual right whales are identified, how they feed, migrate, and face the challenges of life in the industrialized North Atlantic Ocean.  The authors, long-time right whale researchers from the Anderson Cabot Center for Ocean Life at New England Aquarium in Boston, hope this book will bring awareness to this wondrous but threatened whale species and the tremendous efforts being  taken to help North Atlantic right whales  avoid extinction and thrive far into the future.

To order a copy please visit rightwhaleresearch.bigcartel.com<https://rightwhaleresearch.bigcartel.com/>

Kind regards,
Marilyn

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marilyn K. Marx
Kraus Marine Mammal Conservation Program
Anderson Cabot Center for Ocean Life
New England Aquarium
Central Wharf
Boston, MA 02110

617-973-6584
mmarx at neaq.org<mailto:mmarx at neaq.org>

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D1BCDD.5D47B5B0]

This electronic message contains information from the New England Aquarium which may be privileged and confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the addressee only. If you have received this communication in error, do not read or circulate it. Please delete it from your system without copying it or saving any attachments and notify the sender by reply e-mail. Thank you.