[MARMAM] New Publication: Image Rendering Techniques in Postmortem Computed Tomography: Evaluation of Biological Health and Profile in Stranded Cetaceans

Dr. KOT Brian Chin Wing briankot at cityu.edu.hk
Mon Sep 28 20:07:05 PDT 2020

Dear MARMAM Readers,

On behalf of the Aquatic Animal Virtopsy Lab (https://www.facebook.com/aquanimallab) in City University of Hong Kong, my colleagues and I are pleased to share our new paper "Image Rendering Techniques in Postmortem Computed Tomography: Evaluation of Biological Health and Profile in Stranded Cetaceans", recently published in Journal of Visualized Experiments. The captioned paper is available here: https://bit.ly/2G8vAL9

Cite this paper:
Kot, B. C. W., Chan, D. K. P., Chung, T. Y. T., Tsui, H. C. L. Image Rendering Techniques in Postmortem Computed Tomography: Evaluation of Biological Health and Profile in Stranded Cetaceans. J. Vis. Exp. (163), e61701, doi:10.3791/61701 (2020).

Highlight:
>From time to time, we presented different reconstructed CT images in our publication and facebook posts for illustrations. They are in fact generated by various unique image rendering techniques. These images are not only meant to draw the audiences' attention, but also provide solid ground for aquatic animal virtopsy and clinical radiology reporting. Recently, one of our papers regarding this important topic is published on the Journal of Visualized Experiments. The related video is also published along as an audio and visual navigation. We sincerely hope this key paper could help clinicians, veterinarians and stranding response personnel worldwide to fully utilize virtopsy for the biological health and profile evaluation of aquatic animals.

I am happy to provide a PDF of the article upon request. Please email me at briankot at cityu.edu.hk<mailto:briankot at cityu.edu.hk> if you are interested, or if you have any questions about our paper.

I would like to extend my gratitude to readers of our work, as well as editors and reviewers for their contributions to this finished version.

Warm regards,
Brian Kot

Ph.D. in Diagnostic Imaging, B.Sc. (Hons) in Radiography, Cert. (RPC), Cert. (Virtopsy)

Visiting Assistant Professor
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences
Jockey Club College of Veterinary Medicine and Life Sciences
City University of Hong Kong
cum
Research Fellow
State Key Laboratory of Marine Pollution
City University of Hong Kong

E: briankot at cityu.edu.hk<mailto:briankot at cityu.edu.hk>, briankot at yahoo.co.uk<mailto:briankot at yahoo.co.uk>
W: https://www.cityu.edu.hk/jcc/staff/dr-brian-kot-chin-wing

Aquatic Animal Virtopsy Lab
Follow us at
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aquanimallab
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/aquanimallab

Disclaimer: This email (including any attachments) is for the use of the intended recipient only and may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email and all copies from your system. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other form of unauthorized dissemination of the contents is expressly prohibited.