[MARMAM] IFAW Marine Mammal Stranding Internships - Winter/Spring 2021
kkasper at ifaw.org
Sun Sep 27 10:53:19 PDT 2020
The International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) is currently accepting applications for winter/spring 2021
Marine Mammal Stranding Internships.
IFAW Marine Mammal Stranding Internship
Winter/Spring Session 2021 (Mid-January - Last week of May)
Complete Applications due: October 15th, 2020
IFAW is an international non-profit organization. This internship is based out of our International Operations Center in Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts, USA. IFAW's Marine Mammal Rescue and Research program is a federally authorized program dedicated to marine mammal stranding response on Cape Cod and southeastern Massachusetts. Our program strives to promote the conservation of marine mammal species and their habitat by improving the rescue and humane care of stranded marine mammals, advancing stranding science, and increasing public awareness through education. Cape Cod is a marine mammal stranding "hot spot," with an average of over 261 strandings occurring each year. These strandings include live and dead seals, whales, porpoises, and dolphins.
Stranding Intern Duties
* Stranding hotline coverage: answer calls, document reports, educate callers, dispatch volunteers, complete associated paperwork and enter data.
* Marine mammal stranding response and necropsy: assist staff with all aspects of marine mammal stranding response, including live animal health assessment and supportive care, biological data collection, post-mortem examinations and sampling in both field and laboratory settings.
* Stranding / necropsy readiness: cleaning, organizing and maintaining stranding response and necropsy gear, equipment and facilities, restocking kits and supplies.
* Data entry / sample processing: assist in entry of stranding data. Assist in organizing, cataloging, disseminating and archiving of photos, videos, datasheets, samples, etc.
* Outreach: assist staff with training and outreach material preparation and organization, participate in opportunistic outreach at stranding sites, participate in community events.
Please see the following link for the full posting and to apply: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/INT1059IFFA/JobBoard/17b588a3-808b-4bc9-aea8-c3385a35ec51/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=2c16ea69-3a17-42d3-8061-5a98110d6e43
Marine Mammal Rescue and Research
290 Summer Street
Yarmouth Port, MA 02675
Please note: my schedule varies regularly and I often work outside of the M-F 9-5 timeframe.
+1 508 744 2265 (office)
+1 508 743 9548 (stranding hotline)
The content of this email is intended only for the use of the above-named addressee and may contain information
that is confidential, proprietary, and/or legally privileged. Please notify the sender if you received this email in error.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM