[MARMAM] A.I.S. Inc. Virtual Protected Species Observer Training - Sign Up Now!

Kathryn Roy kathrynr at aisobservers.com
Wed Oct 21 10:12:30 PDT 2020

A.I.S. Inc. is now accepting registration for our online BOEM/NMFS compliant Protected Species Observer Training!
https://aisobservers.com/protected-species/new-protected-species-observer-training/
Due to the current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we have adapted our PSO training to be offered virtually, in the comfort of your own home. The virtual training sessions will be held on December 1-3, 2020. The course takes approximately 20 hours to complete. It will be hosted live on these dates and students are expected to be in attendance. Our PSO training curriculum was created by National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) approved PSOs and A.I.S. Inc. scientists, in consultation with BOEM, BSEE and NMFS staff. During the training, you will interact with a live trainer who previously worked as a PSO.
As a reminder, training attendees are expected to have an education and/or experience that indicates that they are prepared to identify and appropriately manage protected species issues related to offshore projects.  After you have successfully completed the course, NMFS will review the credentials of observer candidates who may be qualified to perform Protected Species Observer duties in the Greater Atlantic and Southeast Regions (i.e., from Maine to Texas). Approval is based on an individual's training and experience. In some cases, specific work experience is an acceptable proxy for formal education. If you haven't already, please send us a copy of your resume for review prior to signing up and feel free to reach out with any questions you might have.
Please be sure that you have reviewed the NMFS guidelines for Protected Species Observers, by visiting this link:
https://www.fisheries.noaa.gov/new-england-mid-atlantic/careers-and-opportunities/protected-species-observers
Ready to sign up for our virtual Protected Species Observer Training? Head over to our website to register!
https://aisobservers.com/protected-species/new-protected-species-observer-training/
After you have signed up, keep an eye on your inbox for a follow up email with more information about the itinerary and materials.
We look forward to virtually hosting you in December!
Kathryn

Kathryn Roy
Protected Species Program Manager
A.I.S., Inc.