[MARMAM] JOB POSTING: Hawaii Marine Animal Response - Education and Engagement Program Lead (Part-time)
jon.gelman at h-mar.org
Tue Nov 3 11:40:09 PST 2020
Hawaii Marine Animal Response (HMAR) has an immediate opening for a part-time staff position as Education and Engagement Program Lead.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
HMAR is the largest Hawaii-based nonprofit marine species conservation and response organization. We operate on the islands of Oahu and Molokai with our team of dedicated volunteers, interns and staff that are supported by private donations, corporate funding and government grants. We work to achieve our mission through activity every day of the year that impacts our core objectives: (1) growing an active and engaged public, (2) marine protected species management and recovery, and (3) saving animals that need help. Thousands of times each year, our field response, interventions, rescue, stranding support, education and outreach activities help us move towards our vision of Hawaii’s ocean ecosystem shared in harmony by humans and marine protected species. Through agreements and relationships with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, the State of Hawaii, and others, our work is focused on the endangered Hawaiian monk seal, endangered and threatened sea turtles, protected seabird species and the ocean ecosystem we share.
ABOUT THE JOB OPENING
HMAR has a staff position opening for an Education and Engagement Program Lead. This is a part-time position (20 hours per week) and is exempt from Hawaii requirements to provide paid health care insurance. The position is based on the island of Oahu in the State of Hawaii.
The position is responsible for the following duties:
- Develop written and video training and educational materials regarding threats to marine protected species and the ocean ecosystem with a focus on effective conservation messages designed for a wide variety of audiences.
- Perform educational presentations and training sessions to people of all ages.
- Manage HMAR’s educational and outreach programs and the volunteers that participate in these programs.
- Develop and implement public and corporate fundraising activities and programs.
- Assist in the creation of grant applications and proposals.
- Compose and post content on social media platforms.
- Manage website content (WordPress).
NEEDED CORE COMPETENCIES
- Possess excellent written and oral command of the English language.
- Be a person with a professional and open personal demeanor that enjoys contact with the public, volunteers and fellow staff.
- Possess effective personnel management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a highly dynamic environment and the flexibility to navigate changing organizational needs.
- Possess a team-based work ethic and attitude.
- Ability to work in a virtual environment most often without direct supervision.
- Have a passion for and an understanding of environmental, conservation or wildlife issues.
- 21 years of age or older.
- College degree or equivalent in an environmental, conservation, education or related field.
- Relevant work experience, preferably in marine animal preservation and management, conservation or environmental matters.
- Hawaii resident (highly preferred)
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Experience using a variety of content creation software including Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Adobe, video editing and other tools.
- Experience with photography and video equipment.
- Experience with social media platforms and tools.
- Experience with website content creation and editing in WordPress.
- Experience in creating and implementing fundraising programs.
- A least 1 year in prior supervisory positions or relevant experience.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Full-time access to a reliable vehicle with proof of insurance with Hawaii minimum liability coverage.
- Access to a cellular phone with 4G data service and a personal computer with Internet access.
- Ability to walk at least 2 miles over shoreline conditions including rocky and unstable substrate.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 75 pounds over 100 feet.
- Pass background check.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume/CV and a cover letter of interest to info at h-mar.org. You are encouraged to also send examples of educational or outreach materials/videos that you have created. Thank you for your interest in this position and in Hawaii Marine Animal Response (HMAR).
For more information about HMAR, please go to: http://h-mar.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM