[MARMAM] New publication on harbour seal aggression

Anders Galatius agj at bios.au.dk
Sun Mar 15 05:28:11 PDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

My co-authors and I are happy to announce our new publication on the harbour seal mating system, and male-male aggression in relation to mating: Galatius A, Teilmann J, Tougaard J, Dietz R. 2020 "Variation of male-male aggression patterns in harbor seals (Phoca vitulina)" in Aquatic Mammals.

We briefly review available evidence of male-male aggression in relation to harbour seal mating, and with new data from Denmark, provide evidence that patterns of aggression are different in different areas.

A pdf copy is available upon request.

Best regards,

Anders Galatius

Anders Galatius, PhD
Senior scientist, Biologist
Department of Bioscience, Aarhus University
Section for Marine Mammal Research
Frederiksborgvej 399, DK-4000 Roskilde, Denmark
Phone: +45 87158694 Mobile: +45 28710372
http://person.au.dk/en/agj@bios.au.dk
[sender_logo_uk]