[MARMAM] New publication: Sea otter (Enhydra lutris) abundance assessment for the Kuril Island population in Far Eastern Russia.

Ekaterina Ovsyanikova e.ovsyanikova at uq.edu.au
Sun Mar 8 00:31:43 PST 2020

Dear MARMAM Colleagues,

My co-authors and I are happy to announce our new publication (Note) in Marine Mammal Science: Sea otter (Enhydra lutris) abundance assessment for the Kuril Island population in Far Eastern Russia.

Our paper presents results from the sea otter survey conducted in 2012 along the Kuril Islands. Using this data and several environmental variables, we have calculated the updated abundance estimate for this remote population. Our findings indicate that this population might be undergoing a decline, and we provide recommendations for future research and management priorities.

Link to the article: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/mms.12682

To cite: Ovsyanikova, EN,  Altukhov, AA,  Carswell, LP,  Kenner, MC.  Sea otter (Enhydra lutris) abundance assessment for the Kuril Island population in Far Eastern Russia. Mar Mam Sci.  2020; 1– 9. https://doi.org/10.1111/mms.12682

If you would like a pdf of the full-text, please email me at e.ovsyanikova at uq.edu.au<mailto:e.ovsyanikova at uq.edu.au>

Best regards,
Ekaterina Ovsyanikova

Ekaterina (Katya) Ovsyanikova
PhD Candidate
Cetacean Ecology and Acoustics Laboratory
School of Veterinary Science
University of Queensland Gatton Campus QLD 4343, Australia
Phone: +61 457 615120
Email: e.ovsyanikova at uq.edu.au<mailto:e.ovsyanikova at uq.edu.au>
CEAL website: http://www.uq.edu.au/whale