[MARMAM] ABC Conference Going ONLINE

ABC africanbioacoustics at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 03:05:11 PDT 2020

[image: image.png]Please circulate this email to relevant mailing lists/to
people of interest:

*WE'RE GOING ONLINE!!!*

2nd - 5th November 2020 - Worldwide!

In light of the global COVID-19 crisis, the ABC organization committee has
decided to push forward with a hybrid conference, moving all presentations
to an online space with an option of attending in-person in accordance with
governmental restrictions. Through this decision, we hope to be more
inclusive and to ensure the health and safety of all of our delegates! We
are offering the same great opportunities to participate in the African
Bioacoustics Community Conference, without the need to travel.

>From the 2nd of November 2020, we'll be diving straight into 4 days of
fascinating talks and poster presentations from scientists and researchers
all over the world! This conference has a strong marine mammal focus, as
acoustic methodology is a common and important tool in marine mammal
research, used for passive acoustic monitoring, behavioural studies, and
marine mammal conservation. As a result, there will be many talks
concerning bioacoustics research done on marine mammals and a plenary
presented by Prof Magnus Wahlberg on hearing in marine species.

This year our focus is on even greater representation! We are seeking
plenary speakers for the conference who are preferably living and working
in Africa.

Get in touch with us if you want to be considered for a plenary talk.

*Abstract Deadline has been extended to: 15th August 2020*

We sincerely hope that you will join us!

Please visit our website and take note of the fees updates and changes to
the conference deadlines and events.

https://africanbioacoustic.wixsite.com/abcommunity

Best regards,

The ABC Team