[MARMAM] Virtual Marine Mammal Course Opportunity (June 26-August 6)

Reny Tyson Moore rtysonmoore at mote.org
Thu Jun 4 12:58:58 PDT 2020

Greetings!

The Duke University Marine Lab (DUML) is currently accepting enrollments
for our summer Marine Mammals course.  This six-week virtual course will
cover the biology and conservation of marine mammals.  We will introduce
you to the basic biology of various taxonomic groups, describe some of the
research approaches used to study them, and conclude with a consideration
of their conservation.  Virtual laboratories and interactive activities
will focus on topics including diving physiology,
photographic-identification methods, population biology, bio-acoustics,
bio-logging, and drones.  We will also take advantage of opportunities to
interact with marine mammal experts from around the world, including many
from DUML, through virtual guest lectures, field trips, and discussion
panels, and through the creation of a DUML Marine Mammals podcast. This
course is suitable for both undergraduate and graduate students. ENV 376L
or BIO 376L (undergraduate) / ENV776L (graduate) 4 Duke credits.

Instructor: Reny Tyson Moore (tyson.moore at duke.edu)

Tuition: $3,200+fees

Dates: June 29 - August 6, 2020

Times: Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays 9am – 4pm EDT (however, an
asynchronous option will be available to accommodate all students)

To apply: Visit Duke’s Summer Session website:
https://summersession.duke.edu/visiting-college-students and complete the
online application:https://duke.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_22XiGjJTUGVB7lb

Tuition and fees can be found here:
https://summersession.duke.edu/visiting-college-students/u-s-students/tuition-aid