[MARMAM] Job opportunity: MMO/PAM Ocean Science Consulting Limited (OSC)
admin at osc.co.uk
Mon Jul 6 04:28:25 PDT 2020
Vacancies: MMO and PAM vacancies
Salary: competitive, dependent on qualifications and experience
Ocean Science Consulting Limited (OSC) seeks to expand its UK-based team. This is a rare opportunity for permanent, full-time employment as an MMO and/or PAM operator. Applicants should be able to assist competently with reports, publications, articles, and must be self-motivated when offshore to continue these tasks during project downtime. These roles should be based primarily offshore, with project durations lasting from a few days to months at a time, and between offshore projects, personnel will contribute to shore-based duties at the Company's HQ in Dunbar, Scotland.
Ocean Science Consulting Limited (OSC) is a privately-owned technology-focused marine-science company involved principally in the global supply of underwater noise and marine mammal monitoring, and risk mitigation services. OSC reinvests >80% of profits into Research & Development (R&D), orientated primarily towards high-level research on the harbour porpoise (Phocoena phocoena) and other marine mammal species, Rigs-to-Reefs using Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV) footage, underwater noise measurement and modelling, and improving marine mammal and environmental monitoring standards worldwide. OSC's research has resulted in many peer-reviewed publications (www.osc.co.uk/publications-and-press-covers<http://www.osc.co.uk/publications-and-press-covers>) and a non-profit book entitled the Marine Mammal Observer and Passive Acoustic Monitoring Handbook (http://www.pelagicpublishing.com/the-marine-mammal-observer-and-passive-acoustic-monitoring-handbook.html).
Individual Job descriptions can be found on: https://www.osc.co.uk/job-vacancy-mmo-and-pam-vacancies-2/
A successful candidate will have the following:
* A degree (minimum 2:1) in a relevant scientific marine discipline (marine biology/ oceanography/marine ecology);
* A genuine interest in marine mammals, the processes by which they are studied, and an understanding of the physical parameters of the ocean which affect them;
* Prior MMO/PAM work in either research or commercial sector, an interest in spending time aboard vessels/rigs collecting data in a variety of weather conditions;
* MMO JNCC certification;
* BOSIET, and offshore medical (O&G or ENG1);
* UK or EU citizenship, or visa which permits work within the UK;
* Ability to work offshore for prolonged periods of time;
* Ability to collaborate within a team setting to produce high calibre publications and reports;
* Ability to prioritise workloads, and to work under pressure when met with deadlines; and,
* Genuine interest about the business and industry, including commercial awareness.
Apply only if you meet the requirements. Preference will go towards those with pre-existing offshore certifications, or those willing to acquire qualifications before commencing employment. A sense of humour helps in this industry role. Short-listed candidates should expect to receive small written and skills tests during the interview process.
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to: admin at osc.co.uk . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 15th August 2020
Dr. Laura Williamson
Ocean Science Consulting Limited (OSC)
Spott Road, Dunbar, East Lothian, EH42 1RR, Scotland, UK
M: +44 (0)7528 545 167
T: +44 (0)1368 865 722
MMO or PAM requirement?
We wrote the book. Now available on Amazon:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM