[MARMAM] Job Announcement: NMFS SE Marine Mammal and Turtle Division Director

David Bernhart david.bernhart at noaa.gov
Wed Jan 29 14:39:32 PST 2020

The National Marine Fisheries Service, Southeast Fisheries Science
Center announced a vacancy today for the Marine Mammal and Turtle
Division Director.  This position involves  a realignment of duties
within the Center to focus on our sea turtle and marine mammal research
and conservation priorities.

There is 1 position, being advertised at all of the SEFSC's major
locations:  Miami, FL; Panama City, FL; Pascagoula, MS;  Galveston, TX;
and Beaufort, NC.

This is a permanent position.  Salary ranges from $126,810 to $170,800
per year.

The position announcement is titled, Supervisory Research Fish
Biologist, ZP-0482-5 (Direct Hire).  For a Direct Hire announcements,
applicants need to submit a resume/CV and transcripts that demonstrate
they meet the position's specialized experience and educational
requirements.

The announcement is only open for 7 days, and applications need to be
submitted by February 4.  The link to the vacancy announcement is:
https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/558063000

If you have questions about this position, feel free to contact me
off-list.  This is an exciting opportunity to advance the science and
conservation of marine mammals and sea turtles in the Southeast U.S. and
beyond.

David Bernhart
Director, Protected Resources & Biodiversity Division (Acting)
Southeast Fisheries Science Center
National Marine Fisheries Service
305-361-4252