[MARMAM] HWDT is seeking an Education Assistant (Voluntary Role)

Morven Summers volunteercoordinator at hwdt.org
Tue Jan 14 07:07:24 PST 2020

EDUCATION ASSISTANT (VOLUNTEER)

The Hebridean Whale and Dolphin Trust (https://hwdt.org/) are looking for an
enthusiastic individual to help deliver exciting educational information
about marine mammals to school children across the west coast of Scotland.

You will be based on the beautiful Scottish Isle of Mull, volunteering
part-time between the 30th March and the 2nd October 2020.

This placement is perfect if you are passionate about inspiring people and
keen to gain experience and confidence communicating with and teaching
others.

Highlights of the placement include:

- Two weeks teaching and living on board our floating classroom and research
yacht, Silurian.

- An opportunity to visit schools across the Hebrides, and deliver
interactive sessions to a range of ages.

- Responsibility and support to design, develop and pilot your own lesson
and resources for schools.

- Being part of a passionate team, gaining familiarity with the inner
workings of a marine NGO.

Full role description available at https://hwdt.org/volunteering

DATES: Monday 30th March - Friday 2nd October 2020.

TIME COMMITMENT: Part-time, 22.5 hours per week. Previous volunteers have
supported themselves during placements by securing complementary part-time
seasonal employment in local bars, restaurants and shops.

TO APPLY: Please send a covering letter and CV outlining why you are
applying for the opportunity to Pippa Garrard, at pippa.garrard at hwdt.org
<mailto:pippa.garrard at hwdt.org>  by Sunday 26th January, 17.00. Shortlisted
candidates will be invited to a Skype interview on Friday 7th February 2020.

Morven Summers

Media and Communications Officer

Hebridean Whale and Dolphin Trust

+44 (0)1688 302620  |  <http://www.hwdt.org/> hwdt.org

My standard working week is Tuesday and Thursday, 9am - 1pm and Wednesday,
9am - 5pm

 <https://www.facebook.com/HWDT.org/> Facebook |
<https://twitter.com/HWDT_org> Twitter |
<https://www.instagram.com/hwdt_org/> Instagram