[MARMAM] Research Internships in Mozambique!

Francesca Trotman francesca at lovetheoceans.org
Sat Jan 11 13:54:44 PST 2020

Want to get some hands on field experience in tropical marine biology in Mozambique? We've got some spaces on our research volunteer internship program from March - October 2020!

Love The Oceans is a small charity in Mozambique working to establish a Marine Protected Area in our district through research, education and diving. We were recently recognised by the Duke and Duchess of Sussex for the work we do. We do lots of research and community outreach work and as a volunteer you'll have the opportunity to participate in:

  *   Humpback whale visual & acoustic data collection
  *   Fisheries research
  *   Coral reef research
  *   Ocean trash research
  *   Megafauna research (whale sharks & manta rays)
  *   Fish tagging project
  *   Teaching local marine resource management education
  *   Teaching swimming lessons

You'll be trained by qualified, experienced marine biologists. Prerequisites? For our 5 week program you need to be studying a related subject at university level or equivalent. For our 2 & 3 week programs there are no prerequisites. You need to be 18 or over to participate in any of our programs.

Fee information available on the website. Visit https://lovetheoceans.org/join-us/ to apply now.