[MARMAM] SPRING Internship – Northcoast Marine Mammal Center
karen at northcoastmmc.org
Fri Jan 10 10:52:02 PST 2020
SPRING Internship – Northcoast Marine Mammal Center
The Northcoast Marine Mammal Center in Crescent City, California, is seeking applicants for several internships in marine mammal stranding response and rehabilitation. Internships are a minimum of 12 weeks, with longer commitments encouraged. Applicants will be living and working in Crescent City, CA. The spring term (Harbor Seal Pupping Season) is the busiest and most “hands-on” term at NMMC. There are three spring internships available.
Interns will participate in:
* marine mammal rescue and health assessment
* food preparation and feeding patients
* wound care and medication administration
* blood draw and subcutaneous fluid administration
* observing surgeries and necropsies
* cleaning pens, pools, kennels and hospital facility
* fundraising events and special projects
* must be physically fit with the ability to lift 50lbs and walk long distances on the beach in adverse conditions such as hot and cold temperatures, humidity, rain, and wind
* must be willing to work 5 days a week including evenings, weekends, and holidays
* must be self-motivated, articulate, reliable, and responsible
* must work well independently as well as with a team
* must possess a valid driver’s license
* must have experience with Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
* interns are responsible for making all arrangements with their educational institution for university credit
This is an unpaid position with no housing provided. All interns are responsible for obtaining housing and transportation. A vehicle is preferred as public transportation is very limited and will not allow for participation in rescues which frequently happen on short notice.
Application Deadline: January 17, 2020.
Internship Start Date: March 2, 2020 (start date may be flexible)
To Apply: please include the following and submit via email to volunteer at northcoastmmc.org<mailto:volunteer at northcoastmmc.org>. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. No phone calls or faxes please.
* a cover letter that includes preferred term length (3-month minimum with longer time commitments encouraged)
* a current curriculum vitae/resume
* three references familiar with the applicant's academic/professional performance
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM