[MARMAM] Biologist (Protected Species) Position at BOEM; closes 1/17/2020
Glenn, Tre W
Tre.Glenn at boem.gov
Mon Jan 6 08:06:03 PST 2020
This position is located within the Department of the Interior, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM), Gulf of Mexico Region (GOMR), Office of Environment, Biological/Social Sciences Section, Biological Sciences Unit located in Jefferson, Louisiana.
Location: Jefferson, Louisiana
At the full performance level (GS-13) the major duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Serves as the New Orleans Office’s lead expert on matters related to protected species and marine mammals, relevant laws and regulations (e.g., Endangered Species Act [ESA], Marine Mammal Protection Act [MMPA]), and consultation with appropriate federal agencies.
2. Leads and coordinates on national Bureau teams tasked with establishing criteria for impact assessment methodologies and developing information on protected species.
3. Assesses potential impacts resulting from BOEM-authorized activities (e.g., oil and gas exploration, development, and production, sand and gravel borrow activities, and renewable energy development) interacting with protected species and the environment.
4. Advises the unit supervisor, BOEM management, and senior leadership on matters related to protected species, habitats, relevant laws, and policies.
5. Identifies information gaps, provides justification, develops research concepts, and procures studies as needed in support of national outer continental shelf (OCS) programs.
6. Represents the Bureau at professional meetings, on task forces, working groups, and panels, and at public meetings, as deemed necessary.
7. Promotes communications and coordination with Federal, State, professional, industry, academic, and general public representatives or individuals interested in protected species and their environment relative to offshore oil and gas, sand and gravel, and renewable energy activities.
8. Provides technical leadership to other staff biologists, mentors and trains junior biologists, and assists the unit supervisor in establishing technical guidelines for environmental analyses and consultations.
BOEM has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisor approval.
Salary: $74,596 to $115,313 per year
Donald (Tre) W. Glenn, III, Ph.D., P.E., CFM
Senior Protected Species Biologist
Professional Environmental Engineer
Contracting Officer's Representative III
Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MARMAM