[MARMAM] Paid Undergraduate Summer Research Program in One Health and the Environment

Kristina Cammen kristina.cammen at maine.edu
Thu Jan 2 11:46:55 PST 2020

The University of Maine Initiative for One Health and the Environment is
excited to announce an NSF-funded Research Experience for Undergraduates
(REU) program for summer 2020. Our fully paid summer program will focus on
Accelerating New Environmental Workskills (REU ANEW). From June 1 to August
8, 2020, we will invite 10 motivated undergraduate students to join our
faculty and graduate students to conduct cutting-edge research at the
intersection of human, animal (including marine mammals!), and
environmental health. REU ANEW students will have the opportunity to work
directly with faculty research mentors, as well as Broader Impacts mentors
who are working in the field to apply One Health research to real world
problems. Through our program, students will develop critical research and
thinking skills that are directly relevant to future career success, and
build lasting professional relationships with their undergraduate peers,
graduate students, and faculty and broader impacts mentors. All REU
participants will receive a generous stipend and living expenses, including
partial travel expenses and housing at the University of Maine in Orono.
For more information and to apply, visit
https://nsfa.umaine.edu/one-health/REU.  Students should apply by January
31 for full consideration.  Direct any questions you have about the program
or the application process to anne.lichtenwalner at maine.edu.