[MARMAM] Information on Cetacean Data Collection or Research done in Colombian

Carole V carola_vo at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 4 12:24:53 PST 2020

We are agroup of Colombian scientists who are gathering information on previouscetacean research studies done in Colombia. We are creating this data base withthe objective of determining what research(es) had been done (when, where, whatspecies and which subjects’ matter).

Theinformation provided and gathered will be used for the process of designatedImportant Marine Mammals Area(s) IMMAs. These areas are defined by the MarineMammal Protected Areas Task Force as a discrete portion of habitat, importantto marine mammal species, that have the potential to be delineated and managedfor conservation. We are considering the importance of these area for Colombianwaters. These areas may serve as protection and/or monitoring and can be seenas indicative of biodiversity and potential ecosystem health for considerationby governments, intergovernmental organizations, conservation groups and thegeneral public (Marine Mammal Protected Areas Task Force) For this reason, weneed as much robust information on this matter.

If someonehas information about this region such as: thesis (bachelors/Master)manuscripts, approved or in transition articles, data collected and notprocess, we are welcoming all such information. You can contact Ann CaroleVallejo at ann.carole.vallejo at gamil.com or Dalia C. Barragan Barrera at daliac.barraganbarrera at gmail.com

Beforehand,we would like to thank you for your time and contribution to this recollection.
Kind Regards,
Ann Carole Vallejo
Ann Carole VallejoExecutive Director and Lead ResearcherMSc. Nordic Marine Ecosystems and ClimateR&E Ocean Community Conservation Foundation
Oakville, ON, Canada, L6M 5H5t: +57 (300) 281-0324Wapp: +1 (289) 885-3930Email: carole.vallejo at oceancommunityconservation.orgwww.oceancommunityconservation.org

|  |  |

|  |
Ocean Community Conservation

The content of this e-mail isintended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it isaddressed. If you have received this communication in error, be aware thatforwarding it, copying it, or in any way disclosing its content to any other person,is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error,please notify the author by replying to this e-mail immediately.

Please consider the environmentbefore printing this email or it's attachments.