[MARMAM] SMM Forum on Unpaid Positions recording available

Eric Archer and Tara Cox Ad hoc Diversity Committee diversity at marinemammalscience.org
Mon Dec 7 18:38:15 PST 2020

Dear Colleagues,

We want to reach to thank all who joined us on November 25, 2020 for our
forum on unpaid positions. In particular we would like to thank our
panelists, Drs. Auriel Fournier, Diane Gendron, Tara Cox, and Cindy Peter,
who took the time to share their experiences and important perspectives.
We've had a lot of feedback that these were greatly appreciated and helpful
in framing our discussion. For those of you who missed it, a recording of
the live event is available on the SMM YouTube Channel here
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lndXvE0nR0c&t=2s>.

We covered a lot of ground during the event, and for that we found the
discussion to be very productive. However, there were also many comments
made and questions posed that we just did not have the time to address. We
are in the process of collating those and following up on them. We hope to
share these and continue the conversation over the next 4-6 weeks. We
welcome any other input members of the community may have in the interim.

Thank you for being a part of this important conversation.
--
Eric Archer and Tara Cox
Co-Chairs, Ad hoc Diversity and Inclusion Committee
diversity at marinemammalscience.org