[MARMAM] Minimizing the impact of biologging devices - Research Article in Methods in Ecology and Evolution

Kay William.P. william.p.kay at swansea.ac.uk
Wed Sep 11 05:01:24 PDT 2019

Dear MARMAM,

I am pleased to share with you all our paper in Methods in Ecology and Evolution on minimizing the impact of biologging devices. We think that this paper will be of broad interest to marine mammologists and particularly those conducting their research using biologging devices:

Kay WP, Naumann DS, Bowen HJ, Withers SJ, Evans BJ, Wilson RP, Stringell TB, Bull JC, Hopkins PW, Börger L (2019) Minimizing the impact of biologging devices: Using computational fluid dynamics for optimizing tag design and positioning. Methods in Ecology and Evolution, 10(8), 1222-1233. URL: https://besjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/2041-210X.13216

There is also an associated blog piece, published yesterday, which provides a more informal overview of the work. You can find this here: https://methodsblog.com/2019/09/10/biologging-cfd/

For any correspondence, please email: william.p.kay at swansea.ac.uk<mailto:william.p.kay at swansea.ac.uk>.

Best,

William Kay and co-authors